Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Still Standing...

I didn't want to.  I put it off as long as I possibly could.  I don't like to run.  At all.  But there I was, staring down the treadmill, trying to will myself to start.
Who am I kidding?
It took all I had to just stand up.
But then I met Jane.
Jane is a 8 year old hero of monumental proportions.

Jane Richard was 7 years old when the bombs went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  Jane's mother suffered a head injury.
Jane lost her older brother to evil and cowardice.
Jane lost her leg.
But she didn't lose her smile, her courage, her hope.

I don't know Jane Richard at all.  I just saw a picture of her showing off her new prostetic leg.  It's called, "The Cheetah".
And there she was...
Smiling
Ready to run
But most importantly, still standing

When your world seems to be crumbling all around you it's so easy to want to cower in the rubble.
You were never made for the rubble.

It's not a matter of if your world will be shaken...
It's a matter of when.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. - Ephesians 6:13

Sometimes all you can do is stand.  But that is where you start.  I've always thought that I'd be the kind of guy that could take a punch and keep standing.  A real "You never knocked me down, Ray" sort of fella.  I was beginning to doubt that.
And then I met Jane.

Stop whining
Pray more
Dream bigger
Love extravagantly
Live always

Still standing...

Introduce yourself to Jane with this video.  Check out the smile!
http://boston.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9973104

Check out my new website:
www.jon-porter.com


1 comment:

  1. I really have to stop whining??
    Thanks for the reality check. I need to stop whining and pray more!!

    ReplyDelete