Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Little Healthy Tension...

I live in an old house...
Old house with old doors and door locks...

So one day...

The door to the bathroom decides that it no longer wishes to latch to the doorframe.

And all at once, our family became a lot less modest.


C'mon...
I live in a house with 4 women.
My time in the bathroom is the closest thing I have to 'man-cave' time.

And yet, I didn't even try to fix it.  Just figured it was over my head.  Not my skill set.
Went as far as looking at buying a whole new door.  Classic.
Don't address the issue...
Run from it.

Then came the day when I couldn't run anymore.  I needed a bathroom door that would latch.
I needed a victory.

So I tore into the lock.
Pieces exploded everywhere.
I felt overwhelmed.

Then I took apart another door latch that was working properly.
I studied a working model.

A simple spring was out of its groove.
The latch could no longer properly manage tension.

How many times have we been unable to latch on and be our best because we don't manage tension properly?



1 comment: