Thursday, December 12, 2013

Now He Knows...

Though only in my life for the past couple of years, Joe MacCrae quickly became my hero

I would sit enthralled by stories of his youth
When we were a nation of backbone, conviction, character, and courage

Honor meant something to Joe

He loved his wife
his friends
my girls
and even me

I would talk to Joe about Christ...
about forgiveness
about grace

I asked Joe if he had accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior

Joe always said 'yes'

But then...

"Just don't know if even Jesus could love a guy like me.  I've done bad things.
Just don't know..."

I could never get Joe to release those past sins that had long been since past

He was haunted by them
He was grieved by them

But unlike so many 'christians' I know...
He owned them

I never knew the man that Joe was disappointed in.
I only knew the Joe who loved like a man who was getting used to the idea that he was lovable

on a snowy December morning, my friend Joe let go of 93 yrs on this planet...

And was welcomed into the open arms of the Savior who forgave and loves him.

I told you, Joe.  I told you.

Now he knows...

4 comments:

  1. Jon, I don't know your friend, Joe. But that was beautiful! You have a way of comforting like no other! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe quite often stopped by us to shake Dad's hand and ours after Dad passed away. Loved Joe and was so shocked to find out he and Frankie had not been married any longer than they had. The seemed the perfect fit and like they should have been together a lifetime. This was beautiful Jon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginger! I know Joe and Ernie had a special bond between them.
      Merry Christmas

      Delete