Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Today, I'm struck with...

First day of school

New outfits, book bags, hairstyles, and surprisingly, little fussing

New apprehensions...

...and opportunities

The picture is framed against the same old garage.  My 3 girls lines up in order.

And I'm struck with...

How beautiful they are (they look like their Mom)
How much they've grown
How fast the time has gone by


Then my nephew emerges from across the way.
Walking to his first day of high school with his best friend - his steps powered by a transplanted heart that he received when he was a baby, his smile straight from his dad, and a goofiness that makes my day (every day).  And I am struck with just how much of a blessing it is to see him walk to school.

I pray they know the fullness of the God who loves them.
Who gives them big dreams.
Who wraps His arms of grace around them...

I pray that He might slow them down a little bit in their growing up...
And I pray they grow up to be all that God would have them be...

I know that inevitably I will be distracted by world events, politics, drama at church from folks who should know better, and my own stupidity and selfishness...

But today, I'm struck with the fact...

God is good


Peace,
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment